Specific Admission Requirements
In order to apply for the PhD program in Political Science, the applicants must have an undergraduate or graduate degree. The applicants must have had at least one degree in a social science discipline. For the application with graduate degree, a minimum score of 55 from ALES (149 GRE, 450 GMAT); for the application with undergraduate degree a minimum score of 80 from ALES ( 156 GRE, 580 GMAT) is required. For the application with graduate degree, a minimum GPA of 2.60/4.oo; for the application with undergraduate degree, a minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 is required. It is required that the applicants have a certain degree of command of English language in order to be admitted to the PhD program.
(KPDS: 70, ÜDS: 70, YDS: 70, TOEFL (IBT): 84, CAE: B, CPE: C, PTE: 71).
The applicants who have the documents are eligible to enter the oral interview .
Documents required for application to the program:
1. Application form (will be filled online).
2. The original and a copy of ALES, GRE or GMAT score.
3. The original and a copy of English Proficiency Exam score.
4. The original and a copy of Graduate and Undergraduate diploma.
5. The original of Graduate and Undergraduate transcript.
6. Proof of accreditation obtained from The Council of Higher Education (YÖK) for the applicants graduated from programs abroad.
7. 2 letters of recommendation.
8. Candidate's CV.
9. Candidate's letter of intention indicating the candidate's reason of studying in a Phd program, objectives, prospective research areas etc.
10. Receipt of the payment of application fee (payable to Denizbank; TR65 0013 4000 0007 9691 0000 13).
11. 2 passport size photographs
11. The original or a certified copy of Military Service Status Document
* The candidates must apply in person. Application via mail or with missing documents will not be accepted.