|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||1
|SEMESTER||Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||5
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Professor Doğan Kökdemir
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will differentiate between the different psychological approaches and analyze psychological issues from the perspective of these different approaches.
2) Will follow through the several steps of assessment in investigating a certain psychological research hypothesis.
3) Will accumulate knowledge on the theories and research regarding the normal development and change of human behavior across time and circumstances; the abnormal functioning of the brain and the mind; and develop habits of critical inquiry on related issues.
4) Will understand the relationship between different psychological approaches and areas of specialization in psychology which explain human behavior.
5) Will comprehend and use the specific concepts mentioned in different specialty areas of psychology.
6) Will learn about the applications of psychological knowledge in daily life.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Overview of the Material Introduced in Introduction to Psychology I |
|2nd Week ||Motivation and Emotion|
|3rd Week ||Personality|
|4th Week ||Personality (continued)|
|5th Week ||Social Psychology |
|6th Week ||Social Psychology (continued)|
|7th Week ||Industrial and Organizational Psychology|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Psychological Disorders |
|9th Week ||Psychological Disorders (continued)|
|10th Week ||Psychotherapies|
|11th Week ||Psychotherapies (continued)|
|12th Week ||Health Psychology|
|13th Week ||Health Psychology (continued)|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||King, L. A. (2011). The science of psychology: An appreciative view. Boston: McGraw Hill.
Stanovich, K. E. (2004). How to think straight about psychology. Boston: Pearson.
Morris, C. G. (2007). Psikolojiyi anlamak. Ankara: TPD.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish