|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||1
|SEMESTER||Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)-Second Term (Spring)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||5
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Assistant Professor Zuhal Yeniçeri
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will understand the basics of Anthropology and the relationship between Psychological studies and Anthropology
2) Will learn the different methods to analyze the effect of culture on human behavior and present solutions to problems related to this issue.
3) Will learn about the way gender roles, family and marriage relations, and religious rituals develop in different cultures and present scientific hypotheses for new scientific research related to these issues.
4) Will analyze the current cultural problems in the light of anthropological inquiry.
5) Will develop skills to analyze the contribution of anthropological studies to psychological science and present suggestions on how they might be able to help to understand the classical psychological issues.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Getting Acquainted and Introduction to Anthropology |
|2nd Week ||Physical Anthropology I: Evolution, Genetics and Other Methods |
|3rd Week ||Physical Anthropology II: The Early Humans|
|4th Week ||Methods in Research on Cultural Differences |
|5th Week ||Language and Communication|
|6th Week ||Ethnicity|
|7th Week ||Political Systems|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Gender Roles and Family|
|9th Week ||Marriage|
|10th Week ||Religion|
|11th Week ||Art, Media, and Sports |
|12th Week ||Globalization and Multiculturalism |
|13th Week ||Current Issues|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Kottak, C. P. (2011). Anthropology: Appreciating human diversity. Boston: McGraw Hill.
Levi-Strauss, C. (2000). Hüzünlü dönenceler. İstanbul: Yapı Kredi Yayınları.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Discussion,Lecture
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish