|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||2
|SEMESTER||Third Term (Fall)-Third Term (Fall)-Third Term (Fall)-Third Term (Fall)-Third Term (Fall)-Third Term (Fall)-Third Term (Fall)-Third Term (Fall)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Assistant Professor Sinan Alper
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will sharpen their statistical intuition and abstract reasoning as well as their reasoning from numerical data through psychological and social research.
2) Will be able to read and evaluate statistical results any given research reports.
3) Will apply probabilistic thinking skills to various problems.
4) Will be able to apply statistical software programs and able to summarize data descriptively.
5) Will evaluate statistical graphs according to their reliability in showing data properly.
6) Will develop better attitudes to statistics.
7) Will apply statistical thinking to other subareas of psychology.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Introduction, Science, and Statistics|
|2nd Week ||Variables, Measurement, and Data Organization|
|3rd Week ||Measures of Central Tendency|
|4th Week ||Standard Scores (z Scores)|
|5th Week ||Probability|
|6th Week ||Probability (continued)|
|7th Week ||Hypothesis Testing and İnferential Statistics|
|8th Week ||Hypothesis Testing and İnferential Statistics (continued)|
|9th Week ||Single-Sample z-Test|
|10th Week ||Standard Errors, Confidence Intervals, and Significance Tests|
|11th Week ||Single-Sample t-Test|
|12th Week ||Effect Size and Statistical Power|
|13th Week ||Effect Size and Statistical Power (continued)|
|14th Week ||Review|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Jackson, S. (2014). Statistics: Plain and simple. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Discussion,Lecture,Questions/Answers
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish