|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||2
|SEMESTER||Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Assistant Professor Sinan Alper
Instructor Leman Korkmaz Karaoğlu
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will sharpen their statistical intuition and abstract reasoning as well as their reasoning from numerical data through psychological and social research.
2) Will develop better attitudes to statistics.
3) Will decide the type of statistical procedures suitable for the analysis of a hypothesis.
4) Will carry out statistical analyses and write research report for given hypotheses / research questions.
5) Will apply statistical thinking to daily life.
6) Will apply statistical thinking to other subareas of psychology.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||Yes(PSK211)
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Hypothesis Testing|
|2nd Week ||Type I, Type II, and Type III errors and p Value|
|3rd Week ||Testing the Difference between Two Means|
|4th Week ||Testing the Difference between Two Variances|
|5th Week ||Correlation|
|6th Week ||Correlation (continued)|
|7th Week ||Regression|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Regression (continued)|
|9th Week ||Chi Square Test|
|10th Week ||Analysis of Variance|
|11th Week ||Analysis of Variance (continued)|
|12th Week ||Analysis of Variance (continued)|
|13th Week ||Nonparametric Tests|
|14th Week ||A General Look at Statistics|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Bluman, A. G. (2012). Elementary statistics: A step by step approach (8th Ed.). Boston: McGraw-Hill.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion,Problem Solving
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish