|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||2
|SEMESTER||Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)-Fourth Term (Spring)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||3
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Instructor Leman Korkmaz Karaoğlu
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Become knowledgeable on nature and different types of conflict.
2) Be aware about the effects of factors on conflict such as power dynamics and personal characteristics.
3) Learn methods used in conflict resolution.
4) Be able to analyze a conflicts in terms of causes, consequences and stages.
5) Be able to intervene problems, interpersonal and intergroup conflicts in a scientific way and develop solutions.
6) Adapt their knowledge to their own life.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||No
|1st Week ||Introduction to Conflict Resolution|
|2nd Week ||Source and Nature of Conflict|
|3rd Week ||How People/ Groups Approach Conflict|
|4th Week ||Contentious Tactics|
|5th Week ||Power and Conflict|
|6th Week ||Resolving Conflict|
|7th Week ||Problem Solving and Reconciliation|
|8th Week ||Engaging Conflict|
|9th Week ||Communication|
|10th Week ||Negotiation|
|11th Week ||Mediation|
|12th Week ||Creativity and Conflict Resolution|
|13th Week ||Case Examples|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|15th Week |
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||(Primary Textbook)
Mayer, B. (2012). The dynamics of conflict: A guide to engagement and intervention (2nd. ed.). San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons.
Pruitt, D. G. & Kim, S. H. (2004). Social conflict: Escalation, stalemate, and settlement (3rd. ed.). New York: Mcgraw-Hill Book Company.
* The primary textbook for this course is renewed every year.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||70|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||30|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish