|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||3
|SEMESTER||Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||-
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will define industrial and organizational psychology.
2) Will give information about the historical development of the field.
3) Will understand the behavior of the individual in the organizations.
4) Will apply general psychological principles to work and workplace.
5) Will explain attitudes of employees towards job.
6) Will have knowledge about job analysis, performance appraisal, selection and assessment, leadership, and employee motivation.
7) Will carry out studies on workplaces with regard to productivity and performance.
8) Will produce policies to enhance employee motivation and commitment to the organization.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Getting Acquainted and Introduction |
|2nd Week ||Research Methods in Industrial and Organizational Psychology|
|3rd Week ||Job Analysis |
|4th Week ||Performance Appraisal |
|5th Week ||Assessment Methods for Selection and Placement |
|6th Week ||Selecting Employees |
|7th Week ||Training |
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Employee Motivation |
|9th Week ||Job Attitudes and Emotions |
|10th Week ||Productive and Counterproductive Employee Behavior |
|11th Week ||Work Groups and Work Teams |
|12th Week ||Leadership and Power in Organizations|
|13th Week ||Organizational Development and Theory|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Spector, P. E. (2008). Industrial and organizational behavior (5th Ed.). New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Riggio, R. E. (2008). Introduction to industrial and organizational psychology. Boston: Pearson Education.
Aamodt, M.G. (2009). Industrial/organizational psychology. CA: Wadsworth.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Discussion,Lecture
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||70|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||30|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish