|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||3
|SEMESTER||Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)-Sixth Term (Spring)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Assistant Professor Canay Doğulu
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Know the definition and basic principles of creative thinking.
2) Develop skills to ask creative questions and to improve creative ideas.
3) Learn and apply various creative problem solving methods.
4) Learn and apply the creative methods to analyze the daily arguments on different issues and be able to decipher the contradictions in these arguments.
5) Use creative thinking practices in ones daily life.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||No
|1st Week ||Getting Acquainted and Introduction | What is Creative Thinking?|
|2nd Week ||Creative Thinkers|
|3rd Week ||Creativity and Psychology|
|4th Week ||Metaphor, Analogy and Models of Mind|
|5th Week ||Science, Science Fiction and Psychology I|
|6th Week ||Science, Science Fiction and Psychology II|
|7th Week ||Creative Team Building & Basic Principles|
|8th Week ||Midterm Exam|
|9th Week ||Creative Problem Solving|
|10th Week ||Creative Questioning Techniques I |
|11th Week ||Creative Questioning Techniques II|
|12th Week ||Creating & Developing Creative Ideas I|
|13th Week ||Creating & Developing Creative Ideas II|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|15th Week |
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||(Primary Textbook)
Ward, T. B., Smith, S. M. ve Vaid, J. (Ed). (1997). Creative thought: An investigation of conceptual structures and processes. Washington, DC, US: APA.
* The primary textbook for this course is renewed every year.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||70|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||30|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish