|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Professor Doğan Kökdemir
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will combine psychological theories to apply to the internet issues.
2) Will apply psychological concepts and research findings to understand human-computer interaction with special emphasis on internet.
3) Will apply psychological concepts and research findings to solve behavioral problems in cyberspace.
4) Will develop programs and activity plans for children and young people to internet safety.
5) Will plan necessary steps to conduct internet-behavior related research.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Introduction to Internet Psychology|
|2nd Week ||Internet and Creating an Impression of Self|
|3rd Week ||Online Masks|
|4th Week ||Group Dynamics in Cyberspace|
|5th Week ||Intergroup Conflict and Cooperation|
|6th Week ||The Psychology of Aggression on Internet|
|7th Week ||Liking and Loving in Internet|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Internet Pornography|
|9th Week ||Time Management and Internet|
|10th Week ||Altruism and Internet|
|11th Week ||Gender and Internet|
|12th Week ||Children and Internet|
|13th Week ||Young People and Internet|
|14th Week ||Internet Safety|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Wallace, P. (2011). The psychology of internet. New York: Cambridge.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion,Questions/Answers
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish