|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||-
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will acquire knowledge on fundamental concepts and theories of health psychology.
2) Will learn effects of mind-body interaction on well-being and diseases.
3) Will learn how thinking may affect well-being and diseases.
4) Will become acquainted with research and application areas of health psychology.
5) Will become acquainted with research and application areas of health psychology related to specific diseases.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Getting Started|
|2nd Week ||What is Health Psychology?|
|3rd Week ||Health Behaviors|
|4th Week ||Specific Behaviors Related to Health|
|5th Week ||Behaviors that Affect Health Negatively |
|6th Week ||Stress|
|7th Week ||Experience of Stress and Mediator Variables|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Use of Health Services|
|9th Week ||Relationships between Patient and Health Professionals |
|10th Week ||Management of Pain|
|11th Week ||Management of Chronic Diseases |
|12th Week ||Psychological Issues in Terminal Illnesses |
|13th Week ||Heart Diseases, Hypertension, Strokes and Diabetes|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Taylor, S. E. (2009). Health psychology (7th Ed.). NY: McGraw Hill.
Okyayuz, Ü. H. (1999). Sağlık psikolojisi. Ankara: Türk Psikologlar Derneği Yayınları.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion,Questions/Answers,Project
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish