|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||-
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will carry out a qualitative research.
2) Will learn the differences between qualitative and quantitative research methods.
3) Will use parameters of qualitative research methods on both quantitative and experimental methods.
4) Will be able to use interview techniques for daha collection.
5) Will write a qualitative research paper.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Introduction to Qualitative Methods|
|2nd Week ||Designing Qualitative Research|
|3rd Week ||Ethical Issues|
|4th Week ||Interview Techniques|
|5th Week ||Focus Group Interviewing|
|6th Week ||Ethnographic Field Strategies|
|7th Week ||Sociometry|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Unobtrusive Measure in Research|
|9th Week ||Histography and Oral Traditions|
|10th Week ||Case Studies|
|11th Week ||An Introduction to Content Analysis|
|12th Week ||Problems in Qualitative Research|
|13th Week ||Writing a Qualitative Research Paper|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Berg, B. L. (1998). Qualitative research methods. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion,Questions/Answers,Project
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||75|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||25|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish