|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Assistant Professor Canay Doğulu
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will acquire knowledge on fundamental concepts and theories regarding close relationships.
2) Will become acquainted with dynamics of close relationships and related variables.
3) Will learn analyzing and interpreting ongoing relationship in their environment from a scientific point of view.
4) Will become acquainted with research methods that are utilized in close relationship research.
5) Will learn analyzing and interpreting their ongoing relationship from a scientific point of view.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Getting Started, Concept of Close Relationships|
|2nd Week ||Importance of Relationships|
|3rd Week ||Attachment Theories|
|4th Week ||Attraction and Development of Relationships|
|5th Week ||Friendship and Social Support|
|6th Week ||Romantic Love|
|7th Week ||Relational Sexuality|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Communication in Relationships |
|9th Week ||Conflict and Abuse|
|10th Week ||Termination of Relationship|
|11th Week ||Different Relationships|
|12th Week ||Gender Roles|
|13th Week ||Marriage|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Reis, H. T., & Rusbult, C. E. (2004). Close relationships: Key readings. NY: Psychology Press.
Dönmez, A. (2009). Yakın ilişkiler psikolojisi. Ankara: Nobel.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish