|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Associate Professor Okan Cem Çırakoğlu
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Will acquire knowledge on history and basic assumptions of Gestalt therapies.
2) Will acquire knowledge on basic techniques used in Gestalt therapies.
3) Will learn different aspects of Gestalt therapies from other psychotherapy approaches.
4) Will learn how Gestalt therapies are utilized in different problems.
5) Will develop their knowledge on psychotherapy process in general.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Getting Started |
|2nd Week ||What is Psychotherapy|
|3rd Week ||What is Gestalt Psychotherapy |
|4th Week ||Development of Gestalt Psychotherapy|
|5th Week ||Awareness and Consciousness|
|6th Week ||Therapeutic Relationship|
|7th Week ||The Use of Life Context in Psychotherapy|
|8th Week ||Mid-term and Assessment in Gestalt Psychotherapy|
|9th Week ||Planning Treatment|
|10th Week ||Awareness Techniques|
|11th Week ||Orientation of Here and Now|
|12th Week ||Dream Works|
|13th Week ||Case Studies|
|14th Week ||General Evaluation|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Brownell, P. (2010). Gestalt therapy: A guide to contemporary practice. NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Perls, F. S., Hefferline, R., & Goodman, P. (1977). Gestalt therapy: Excitement and growth in the human personality. NY: The Gestalt Journal Press.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish