|COURSE UNIT TITLE||COURSE UNIT CODE||SEMESTER||THEORY + PRACTICE (Hour)||ECTS
||First Term (Fall)
||2 + 0
|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||1
|SEMESTER||First Term (Fall)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||2
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Instructor Zeynep Ekinci
Instructor Başak Berna Cordan
Instructor Arif Ay
Instructor Esin Turgut
Instructor Oktay İkinci
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Learns the language, the link between feelings, thoughts and language itself, and social value of the language and becomes aware of the status of Turkish among the other languages in the World.
2) Learns the features of written and verbal language and how to use language effectively.
3) Learns the term of ?communication? and create a text which is a tool of this term.
4) Learns the criteria which make a text and acquire the ability to make use of these criteria while forming a text.
5) Learns the rules of essay writing, the elements of essay planning , paragraph and the main idea.
6) Learn about the range of sentence and paragraph structure and its translations. They use application of paragraph.
7) Learn writting rules and punctuation . They gain the ability to use them. They graspe the phases of the formation of the text and they implemente them in paragraphs
8) Learn about the types and forms of expression. They won summarizing skills. They learned about the properties of informative texts.
9) Learn about ways to promote thinking. They apply active reading and text analysis methods. They overcome the deficiencies.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||Distribution and introduction of the Turkish 101 course program (Aims, principles, content teaching, attendance and test scores distribution). Definition of language, languages, |
|2nd Week ||language, emotion, thought, culturel connection. Awareness of the native language, and |
|3rd Week ||language's place in social life|
|4th Week ||Turkish among the world languages. Historical periods, development and current situation of Turkish language. Sound properties of Turkish Language.|
|5th Week ||The importance of effective use of language (word choice and care and accuracy of usage),|
|6th Week ||written and oral expression (commonalities, differences)|
|7th Week ||What is communication? What is the text as a communication tool? The structure of the text,What are the criteria to be a text? Cohesion elements (linguistic, grammatical bonds): conjunctions, pronouns, reductions, lexical ties. Consistency (semantic-logical links): the description establishing rhetorical structures, cause and effect, condition, purpose, contrast, and etc.|
|8th Week ||Essay writing rules. Basic concepts about essay (plan, paragraph, main and side posts) Text |
|9th Week ||production phases (goal setting, discourse design, creation of ideas, building concepts network)|
|10th Week ||Sentence and paragraph information, paragraph types. Paragraph workshop.|
|11th Week ||MIDTERM |
|12th Week ||Text production phases and implementation. Paragraph workshop.|
|13th Week ||Text types. Expression Forms. Summary extraction |
|14th Week ||Paragraph writing applications (basic idea) Text types and forms of expression (informative texts examples) Essay study|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Üniversiteler İçin Türk Dili ve Kompozisyon, Başkent Üniversitesi Yayınları (2008), Ankara
Türk Dil Kurumu İmla Kılavuzu, TDK Yayınları: 525. (2008), Ankara
Türkçe Sözlük, TDK Yayınları (2006), Ankara
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Discussion,Questions/Answers,Case Study,Presentation,Report Preparation,Practice
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Presentation of Book||1||25|
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish
|KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES (KLO) / MATRIX OF LEARNING OUTCOMES (LO)|
|K1|| || || || || || || || || |
|K2|| || || || || || || || || |
|K3|| || || || || || || || || |
|K4|| || || || || || || || || |
|K5|| || || || || || || || || |
|K6|| || || || || || || || || |
|K7|| || || || || || || || || |
|K8|| || || || || || || || || |
|K9|| || || || || || || || || |
|K10|| || || || || || || || || |
|K11|| X || X || X || X || X || X || X || X || X |
|K12|| || || || || || || || || |