|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||4
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||Instructor Osman Remzi Günver
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Explain the concept of market and types of markets.
2) Learn the capital market institutions.
3) Learn the concept of investment trusts and mutual funds.
4) Have knowledge of stock exchanges.
5) Describe the sources of capital market law.
6) Learn the instruments of capital market.
7) Learn the concepts of forward and future transactions and option contracts.
8) Explain the dematerialized system.
9) Have the knowledge of joint stock companies.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|1st Week ||The Concept of Market, Characteristics and Types of Markets|
|2nd Week ||Capital Market Institutions|
|3rd Week ||Investment Trusts and Mutual Funds|
|4th Week ||History of Capital Markets and Stock Exchanges|
|5th Week ||The Types and Functions of Stock Exchanges|
|6th Week ||The Definition of Capital Market Law|
|7th Week ||Sources and Basic Conceps of Capital Market Law|
|8th Week ||Midterm Exam|
|9th Week ||Instruments of Capital Market|
|10th Week ||Securities and Types of Securities|
|11th Week ||Other Capital Market Instruments|
|12th Week ||Forward and Future Transactions, Option Contracts|
|13th Week ||Dematerialized System|
|14th Week ||Joint Stock Companies|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Sümer, Ayşe: Türk Sermaye Piyasası Hukuku ve Seçilmiş Mevzuat, B. 3, İstanbul 2002.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Questions/Answers,Case Study
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA||
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||Turkish