Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze problems with the scientific method and appropriate scientific tools.
- Think critically and creatively, ask questions, make comments using the knowledge and skills they have acquired.
- Develop a positive attitude toward life-long education.
- Use the library, scientific databases, internet and other sources effectively.
- Have the skills to find out, analyze, evaluate, decide about, and apply the alternative solutions to problems.
- Be open-minded to use knowledge stemming from different disciplines and/or areas of psychology.
- Develop a positive attitude toward critical thinking.
- Have advanced theoretical and applied knowledge of psychology supported by contemporary course material.
- Have the necessary knowledge and skills to analyze and synthesize the main areas of psychology.
- Be competent in English and Turkish.
- Use effective methods to present, share and discuss scientific information.
- Be able to write scientific papers by using international manuals such as APA.
- Show courage and use the necessary skills to propose solutions to the problems of the world they live in.
- Show courage and have necessary skills to propose solutions to the problems of their own life.
- Have a positive attitude to statistics and be able to use common statistical software packages.
- Be able to plan and conduct research independently.
- Apply qualitative and/or quantitative methods depending on the nature and the scope of a given problem.
- Know the research methods and statistical procedures used in behavioral sciences.
- Use tools such as questionnaires, inventories, scales, and tests.
- Apply psychological knowledge to other problem areas for community welfare.
- Use theoretical and applied knowledge in accordance with ethical standards.